Saturday, December 13, 2008

Disney, Day Two



In case you thought that mid-December would be a non-crowded time to come to Magic Kingdom, I don't think any such time exists. There were certainly plenty of folks there today. Not that I'm complaining. I am the Cheerful Dad, as I keep telling everyone, and we're here to have fun and we will even if it kills us. (And we did).



I felt sorry for all the parents with their strollers, babies, and toddlers, crying, fussing, and falling asleep. We have a fun, peppy bunch of kids and it's nice when even your 8 year old likes the rides that are actually fun. The kids did Big Thunder three times and Space Mountain twice, and those were the favorites.

In contrast, here is a demonstration of what "It's a Small World" can do to your alertness level toward the end of a long day.



Fortunately, my iPod was handy, so I was able to flush the *%$# song out of my brain with the aid of some heavy metal before it became permanently inscribed in my neurons. (For those of you not aware, the song in question loops continuously from when you first get in line until you jump off the little boat and run away screaming 45 minutes later. The Disney staff who work there have to wear special earplugs to avoid seizures. And you know exactly what song I'm talking about. It is starting to stick in your head now. Flee, my friends, before it is too late).

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't they do Small World Holiday in Disney World? Don't forget to buy a turkey leg from the turkey leg wagon that is across from the exit to the country bear jamboree - right next to a drink cart called "Westward Ho." Uncle Josh spent 4 long months of his life there...

Marcie said...

Glad you are having fun. Lots of snow here. Wish I was in Florida.

Richard said...

Oh, The Land! Prepare yourselves for Animal Kingdom and Escape from Everest. It's super great. Also, if you're the 'Cheerful Dad,' where is YOUR Santa hat?