First we ripped out the "soft" alder floors and replaced them with Andean Pecan "hard"wood floors. They are a little wild, but I love them. They tie all my woods in nicely.
Next, we took out our cracked countertops and replaced them with quartz countertops. Jared's brother, Mike, came down and helped us tile the backsplash. I think it turned out awesome.
Finally, we had to replace all the floor baseboards (ripped out to do the floor). We did this ourselves. Both the ripping and the replacing. Jared's dad did help us paint the baseboards with a sprayer he borrowed from his friend. Damon also helped us out one day. I really like the look of the taller baseboards.
The "new" house! Thanks to everyone who helped!